Discover the collection by search or browse.

Browse the whole collection from here - viewing most recent added first. Enter search terms to begin exploring the Discovery Wall collection. Use the drop-downs to filter the collection by area or time period.

Search results  8641 - 8664 of 8693

Lord and Lady Jellicoe passing the Guard of Honour

1923

Lord and Lady Jellicoe passing the Guard of Honour

A group of young bathers in the surf at Sumner beach

1918

A group of young bathers in the surf at Sumner beach

A Standard Vanguard Phase III being assembled

Circa 1960

Standard cars were so called because they were assembled from ...

Woman serving expresso coffee at Fails Café

Circa 1955

Woman serving expresso coffee at Fails Café The café was ...

The corner of Cashel and High Streets, Christchurch

1880s

Cobb & Co. established their line of coaches in Christchurch in ...

The Nautilus on the Avon-Heathcote Estuary in the 1920s

1920s

This craft was built in Auckland about 1912 for Frederick Horace ...

"The Bricks", 311 Oxford Terrace

circa 2009

The brick and stone plaque was erected in 1926 to mark the site ...

Piko Building, 229 Kilmore Street, 26 February 2005

26 February 2005

Piko Building, 229 Kilmore Street, 26 February 2005.

Piko Building Kilmore Street on 22 February 2011

22 February 2011

Piko Wholefoods organic shop on the corner of Barbadoes and ...

Acrobats

Circa 1970s

Hay's Christmas parade

Opening day at the Edgeware Bowling Club's green

22 October 1910

The season opened in the presence of a large gathering of ...

The Bricks Memorial, Barbadoes Street

1935

This memorial marks the spot where the Avon River shoaled too ...

Troops watering horses in the Avon River near Carlton Bridge

September 1914

In Sept. 1914 the Mounted Regiment, Canterbury Contingent, rode ...

The unveiling of the Bricks memorial, Barbadoes Street

18 December 1926

This was the highest point on the Avon River reached by ...

Roper's Store, Normans Road, Bryndwr, Christchurch

1957

This area of Bryndwr (later Elmwood) was once a farm owned by ...

Staff of the Four Square Foodmarket, Normans Road, Elmwood

1963

In 1963 a large number of people was still required to run the ...

Christchurch Press Co. Ltd., Cashel Street, Christchurch

December 1900

202-210 Cashel Street. From left are: Edward Button, painter; ...

Cathedral Grammar School, Chester Street

Circa June 1929

The brick building on the left opened in 1929, the wooden ...

New Cathedral Grammar School building

1929

New Cathedral Grammar School building. This new addition was ...

Laying of the foundation stones of the YMCA building

1908

The foundation stone of the new building on the corner of ...

YMCA, corner of Cambridge Terrace and Hereford Street

1920

The smaller YMCA building on the far left, in Cambridge Terrace, ...

A Christmas parade passes along Colombo Street, Christchurch

1920s

A Christmas parade passes along Colombo Street, Christchurch

T. Armstrong & Co's Christmas float outside their store

1925

T. Armstrong & Co's Christmas float outside their store

Llanmaes, corner of Hereford and Montreal Streets

1920

Llanmaes, Welsh for 'the church in the meadow' was designed by ...

Load more